Helping Hands provides community support services to seniors and adults with physical disabilities. We offer a supportive work atmosphere, focusing on teamwork and personal growth, competitive wages, mileage and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
Opportunities are currently available in the following locations:
Orillia and the surrounding area (Unionized Position). This will require driving from one client’s home to another in Orillia and the surrounding area, including but not limited to Coldwater, Washago, Brechinn and Oro-Medonte.
Muskoka Region (Unionized Position). This will require driving from one client’s home to another throughout the Muskoka region including but not limited to Gravenhurst, Bracebridge and Huntsville. Many clients live in rural locations.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Homemaker drives to client’s homes or locations to provide housekeeping services to clients, as directed by the organization. Housekeeping services include, but are not limited to, dusting, vacuuming and mopping, laundry, bathroom cleaning, disinfection duties, meal preparation, and limited pet care. This position is focused on ensuring the client’s living space and personal effects are clean, tidy and serviceable.
Description of Duties and Authority:
- Protect and promote the welfare, dignity, and individual rights of our clients at all times
- Drive to various client and operational locations to perform duties.
- Provide homemaking, as assigned; ensure the client’s surroundings and personal effects are clean, tidy and serviceable
- Conduct errands for/with clients including, but not limited to grocery shopping, banking, paying bills, etc. as required
- Prepare nutritional meals as required
- Participate in regular training modules
- Adhere to Scope of Practice
- Any other duties, as assigned
- A High School Diploma, or greater, with at least 2 years relevant experience
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- Reliable vehicle and ability to travel to clients home throughout the assigned shift
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in French language
- Able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Orientation
- Benefits Package (for full-time employees)
- Paid Mileage for out-of-town travel at $0.50/km, in addition to paid travel time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6
Fax: 705 325 8212
Employment Position, External, Internal