Helping Hands Job Call:
Meals On Wheels
Deliver Hot Meals directly to our clients on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, both within the City of Orillia and the surrounding townships. Frozen meals are delivered to our clients on Friday mornings, also within the City of Orillia and surrounding townships.
As a result of the popularity of our hot Meals on Wheels program, volunteers are urgently needed. Give back to your community by supporting this essential program.! Deliver hot meals directly to our client’s home late afternoon Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays, both within the City of Orillia and the surrounding townships. Use of volunteer vehicle required and volunteers receive reimbursement towards costs.
Deliver frozen meals directly to our client’s home Friday mornings, both with the City of Orillia and the surrounding townships. Agency vehicles available for frozen meal deliveries.
- Loads prepared meals and equipment into vehicle, according to established procedures;
- Delivers meals to clients’ homes, including taking in and setting up meal for client, if necessary;
- Collects and returns equipment to central location (Tammie’s Restaurant);
- Maintains and revises client delivery record, noting any location and schedule changes observed during delivery and serving;
- Communicates routine information received from clients to the Manager of Administration and Transportation;
- Follows all administrative and operational policies and procedures;
- Brings to the attention of the Manager of Administration and Transportation (or other available Manager) any incidents, complaints, and/or accidents to the organization. Such issues are to be reported immediately or as soon as practical;
- Perform administrative functions such as recording changes to clients’ orders;
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of different parties (internal and external) including staff and management by providing adequate and correct information answering questions and/or concerns
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- A valid Drivers Licence or a team volunteer with a Drivers Licence
- Orientation to the Meals on Wheels program
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6