Helping Hands Job Call:
Volunteer Board Member
Helping Hands – Board of Directors
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to provide leadership abilities as a Volunteer Member of the Board of Directors. Directors are accountable for the monitoring and oversight of the organization’s performance goals, ensuring financial accountability and providing feedback and guidance to the CEO.
Helping Hands is a not-for-profit, charitable organization providing community support services, primarily to older adults living in Orillia, Barrie and Muskoka regions. Founded in 1974, Helping Hands provides various services including personal care, caregiver relief, homemaking, transportation, meal delivery, friendly visiting, telephone reassurance, Transitional Bed services and other social programs.
With a growing workforce and strong volunteer base, Helping Hands is expanding its impact on and support of the healthcare system and the local communities it serves. We provide a dynamic and innovative work environment, one that supports our employees’ professional growth and desire to serve the community.
Currently, we have openings for the rewarding opportunity of being a Volunteer on the Board of Directors. This will be a great experience to work with experienced professionals and share your skills and knowledge helping to guide an organization that is making a difference in the community.
- Proven leadership experience and abilities
- Understanding of Board Governance Policies
- A general understanding of the following areas is an asset: Finance and Accounting, Labour Relations, Public Affairs, Labour Law, Strategic Business Planning, Sociology, Health Care Administration, etc.
- Skills and experience utilizing team building approaches
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and proactive attitude with good professional judgement
- Strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality laws
- Applicants must be at least 18 and must reside or work in the North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network. (or reside in Helping Hands catchment area)
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6