Helping Hands Job Call:
Visiting Homemaker – Barrie, Orillia and Muskoka
Helping Hands is leading the way in community support services; creating a culture of change through innovative collaborations and initiatives to improve client care and develop fresh ideas, in our sector. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focused on continuing education, teamwork, and personal growth. We offer flexible hours, competitive wages, mileage and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
As a result of continued growth, full-time opportunities are currently available in the following locations:
Barrie and the surrounding area. (Unionized Position)
Orillia and the surrounding area (Unionized Position)
Muskoka Region (Unionized Position)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Protect and promote the welfare, dignity, and individual rights of our clients at all times
- Adhere to the goals, policies and aims of Helping Hands in all activities
- Drive to various client and operational locations to perform duties
- Provide homemaking, as assigned; ensure the client’s surroundings and personal effects are clean, tidy and serviceable
- Conduct errands for/with clients including, but not limited to grocery shopping, banking, paying bills, etc.
- Prepare nutritional meals
- Ensure safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times; promote safe work activities by participating in safety initiatives, training and attending safety meetings, as needed. This may also include acting as the Employee Safety Representative for the organization
- Participate in regular training modules
- Adhere to Scope of Practice
- Any other duties, as assigned
- A High School Diploma, or greater, with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- Reliable vehicle
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in French
- Flexible hours
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Orientation
- Benefits Package
- Paid Mileage at $0.40/km, in addition to paid travel time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6