Helping Hands Job Call:
Transportation Service Worker
If you are looking for the opportunity to support seniors and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team! Helping Hands provides its staff a dynamic, rapidly evolving and respected career in our community. Choose from a variety of flexible work assignments and shifts in a rewarding work environment, with opportunity to learn and grow; to challenge yourself and others. Helping Hands is leading the way in community support services; creating a culture of change through innovative collaborations and initiatives to improve client care and develop fresh ideas, in our sector. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focused on continuing education, teamwork and personal growth. You’ll be driven to Helping Hands for the opportunity to serve seniors and those in need of support but it will be the sense of pride in the difference you make that will keep you here!
We are currently recruiting for a part time Transportation Service Worker.
- Protect and promote the welfare, dignity, and individual rights of our clients at all times
- Adhere to the goals, policies and aims of Helping Hands in all activities
- Drive clients to and from medical appointments, shopping, personal care appointments, social events, etc.
- Safely and appropriately load and unload clients and their mobility devices in vehicles, maneuvering and operating wheelchairs.
- Operate both standard passenger vehicles and various types of wheelchair vans and multi passenger units
- Perform both pre and post shift vehicle circle checks
- Light cleaning of vehicle interiors and exteriors such as dusting, vacuuming and cleaning windshield
- Conducting inventories of equipment and supplies, including but not limited to, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, road side safety kits, etc.
- Picking up various supplies and conducting errands, as directed by management
- Ensure safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times; promote safe work activities by participating in safety initiatives, training and attending safety meetings, as needed. This may also include acting as the Employee Safety Representative for the organization
- Participate in regular training modules
- Adhere to Scope of Practice
- Any other duties, as assigned
- A High School Diploma or greater
- Maintain own current driver’s license (G or equivalent)
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- At least 21 years of age
- A least 3 years of driving experience in Canada
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- Ability to work well independently
- A defensive driving mindset and firm understanding of related techniques
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Orientation
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6