Helping Hands Job Call:
Personal Support Worker – Orillia Transitional Bed Sites Nights
Helping Hands is leading the way in community support services; creating a culture of change through innovative collaborations and initiatives to improve client care and develop fresh ideas, in our sector. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focused on continuing education, teamwork, and personal growth. We offer flexible hours, competitive wages, mileage, and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
Job Title: Personal Support Worker
Job Type: This is a permanent, full-time position
Location: Orillia and Area Transitional Bed Locations. This may require working at more than one location.
Shift: We are currently recruiting for evenings and nights, however, a variety of shifts may be required including days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends to meet operational needs. Shifts are 12 hours in length.
- A PSW Certification or greater from a recognized institution
- 1 year or greater experience in Site Based Personal Support Work is an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- Reliable vehicle
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Must have strong communication abilities both written and verbal in English
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in French language
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6