Helping Hands Job Call:
Personal Support Worker – Transitional Bed Sites Part Time Days
Helping Hands is leading the way in community support services; creating a culture of change through innovative collaborations and initiatives to improve client care and develop fresh ideas, in our sector. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focused on continuing education, teamwork and personal growth. We offer flexible hours, competitive wages, mileage and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
We a currently recruiting for the following positions:
Job Title: Personal Support Worker
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Orillia and Area Transitional Bed Locations. This will require working in more than one location.
Shift: This position is for primarily day shifts, however a variety of shifts may be required including days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends. The shifts are 12 hours in length.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A PSW Certification or greater from a recognized institution
- 1 year or greater experience in Site Based Personal Support Work is an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- Reliable vehicle
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Must have strong communication abilities both written and verbal in English
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in French language
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6