Helping Hands Job Call:
Manager of Community Services – Contract
Helping Hands provides community support services to seniors and adults with physical disabilities. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focusing teamwork and personal growth, competitive wages, mileage and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
We are currently recruiting a Manager of Community Services. The successful applicant will manage Personal Support Workers, Homemakers, and other assigned workers in our community programs and will be responsible for sharing general management responsibilities with the management team, including but not limited to health and safety, training, and rotating on-call weekends.
Job Title: Manager of Community Services
Job Type: Full-Time, 1-Year Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, rotating on-call responsibilities outside of regular hours and on statutory holidays.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Diploma or degree in Healthcare/Human/Community Services or equivalent
- Current CPR and Standard First Aid Certifications required or ability to acquire
- Class G Drivers License and Reliable Vehicle
- 5 years supervisory experience or demonstrated ability to lead staff
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the existing and new programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Maintained computer proficiency, with knowledge of scheduling software systems. Learn and maintain knowledge of AlayaCare , HRIS systems (Quadrant), and Microsoft Office Solutions
- A strong understanding of the Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, applicable privacy legislation, Patients First Act, and other related Acts, Bills and regulations
- Firm understanding of all industry related external requirements, policies and agreements
- Indigenous Cultural Safety Training recommended
- Proficiency in French Language is an asset
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6