Helping Hands Job Call:
Helping Hands offers a wide range of home care and community support services for seniors and adults with physical disabilities. We provide a supportive work atmosphere with a focus on teamwork and personal growth, as well as competitive compensation.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
Applications are currently invited for the full-time position of:
The Finance Officer performs general accounting and bookkeeping support functions with a focus on accounts payable, bookkeeping, maintenance of accounting systems, and reporting. The officer must be confident in leading payables, reconciliations, and assigning entries to functional centers.
This position prepares reports for and provides assistance to the Finance Director to fulfill analysis of operations and maintains the systems associated with the collection and reporting of information to support organizational decision making and fulfill reporting obligations to stakeholders.
The Officer may be asked to support other areas of the Finance Department as needed.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Post-secondary education in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Proven working experience with bookkeeping and leading accounts payable
- Experience using Quickbooks Desktop
- Experience using HRIS Quadrant, Canesto (CIMS), AlayaCare and GP Dynamics an asset
- Strong data entry skills with understanding of multiple fund accounting for the assignment of accounting entries
- Advanced level of competence in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- General proficiency with computers and software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Not for profit and Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards (OHRS) experience preferable
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, charitable and payroll tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication in English required with additional preference for French language proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work independently according to policies and procedures/job description as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of personal integrity
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6