Helping Hands Job Call:
Community Personal Support Worker
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team! Helping Hands provides its staff with a dynamic, rapidly evolving, and respected career in our community. Choose from a variety of flexible work assignments and shifts in a rewarding work environment, with the opportunity to learn and grow; to challenge yourself and others. Helping Hands is leading the way in community support services; creating a culture of change through innovative collaborations and initiatives to improve client care and develop fresh ideas, in our sector. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focused on continuing education, teamwork, and personal growth. You’ll be driven to Helping Hands for the opportunity to serve seniors and those in need of support but it will be the sense of pride in the difference you make that will keep you here!
Job Title: Personal Support Worker (Unionized Position). This is a permanent, full-time position
Location: Orillia and Surrounding Area. This position will require travel from one client’s home to another.
Shift: A variety of shifts may be required including days, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Protect and promote the welfare, dignity, and individual rights of our clients at all times
- Adhere to the goals, policies, and aims of Helping Hands in all activities
- Conduct Home at Last (HAL) functions and duties, as instructed
- Provide housekeeping duties, as assigned; ensure the client’s surroundings and personal effects are clean, tidy and serviceable
- Provide personal care duties, as assigned
- Meal preparation as required
- Medication reminders and assistance as assigned
- Take client’s blood pressure and temperature
- Ensure safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times; promote safe work activities by participating in safety initiatives, training, and attending safety meetings, as needed. This may also include acting as the Employee Safety Representative for the organization
- Participate in regular training modules
- Adhere to Scope of Practice
- Any other duties, as assigned
- A PSW Certification or greater from a recognized institution
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR, class C or HCP level Certification, or greater
- A Driver’s Abstract clear of uninsurable convictions
- Reliable vehicle
- Current, clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity of clients
- Knowledge and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities and disorders
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in French
- Flexible hours
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Orientation
- Benefits Package
- Paid Mileage at $0.40/km, in addition to paid travel time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offered through LifeWorks
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6