Helping Hands Job Call:
Client Care Scheduler
The Scheduler is responsible for scheduling the services and activities of Helping Hands. The position will schedule day-to-day staff, taking into account the Employment Standard Act, health and safety, and client care needs. The Scheduler must ensure that all scheduling and administrative functions are conducted in a timely and efficient manner, meeting all organizational requirements with respect to deadlines and policies/procedures. This is considered to be a support position to the Manager of Administration and Transportation reporting directly to the Manager of Administration and Transportation. Therefore, this position is required to report any issues, concerns and activities to their supervisor in a timely fashion and to support the department in any way needed to meet client needs.
This is a 37.5 hour per week position, for an afternoon shift. However, the successful applicant must be available to work a variety of hours including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ensure provided staff is available and scheduled to meet client needs
- Schedule the on-boarding/orientation program of front-line staff
- Schedule the continuous training programs of front-line staff
- Schedule and support all Homemaking, PSW, HAL Program, Transportation and Client Social Program staff
- Analyze staffing needs and assist the Program Managers with staffing projections
- Cancelation tracking and recording, including metrics
- Ensure safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times; promote safe work activities by participating in safety initiatives, training, and attending safety meetings, as needed. This may also include acting as the Employee Safety Representative for the organization
- Follow all administrative and operational policies and procedures
- Maximize the efficiency of scheduling by analyzing distances and ensuring schedules are produced consistently
- Bring to the attention of the Manager of Administration and Transportation (or other available Manager) any incidents, complaints, and/or accidents in the organization. Such issues are to be reported immediately or as soon as practical.
- Assist with gathering information or supporting the administration of WSIB claims of front line staff
- Assist the Program Managers with maintaining personnel records and other required information (e.g. Schedules, qualifications, training requirements, etc.) through reminders and follow-ups
- Perform administrative functions
- Assist the Program Managers with scheduling performance evaluations of staff
- Prepare a variety of documents including reports, memos, etc. for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information on best practices
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of different parties (internal and external) including staff and management by providing adequate and correct information answering questions and/or concerns
- Attend meetings and Huddles, as required
- Assist all Program Managers to ensure that all qualifying requirements, such as the RAI CHA, are completed and kept up to date; scheduling PSW staff to conduct RAI CHA assessments
- Take training modules as directed by management
- Engage in the HH Communication Portal regularly (at least once per week)
- Adhere to and re-enforce the organizational structure and policies, providing support where needed to meet client needs
- Any other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two years of experience or other related education
- Firm understanding of Ontario labour laws, particularly the Employment Standards Act and basic understanding of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of scheduling software systems, preferably Alayacare and Quadrant
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the existing and new programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Orientation
- Benefits Package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offered through LifeWorks
575 West Street S., Unit 13A
Orillia, ON. L3V 7N6