The Administrative Office Support Volunteer will work cooperatively and professionally with Helping Hands staff to assist with any administrative functions as required.
Description of Duties and Authority
- Protect and promote the welfare, dignity, and individual rights of our clients, at all times;
- Adhere to the goals, policies, Mission, Vision and Value of Helping Hands, in all activities;
- Communicate with the Manager of Administration and Transportation for day to day tasks;
- Assist with administrative tasks as required in various departments;
- Adhere to the goals, policies and aims of Helping Hands, in all activities;
- Ensure administrative functions are completed in a timely and efficient manner, as requested by management;
- Adhere to Helping Hands’ Policies and Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment policies;
- Participate in training and meetings annually or as directed by management;
- Engage in the Helping Hands Communication Portal regularly (at least once per week);
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
- Caring, friendly and patient attitude;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Responsible and reliable, able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work well independently, and in a small group;
- Awareness and respect of cultural diversity;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability;
- Clean criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector check.
Note: The above is a general list of duties and expectations. It is subject to change and may not represent a comprehensive list of tasks this volunteer may perform.
Due to the changing nature of the Organization’s role and relationship with funders, the duties and responsibilities of this position may change, from time to time, necessitating the delegation of other related duties within the Organization.
This position is created and maintained within the Organization through program funding through the Government of Ontario. The continuation of this position within the Organization is dependent on continued funding through the Government of Ontario.