Client Service Planner
Thank you for your interest in working with us here at Helping Hands!
To apply to this position, please click on the following link, upload your resume, and complete the online assessment.
Once completed, we look forward to reviewing your assessment. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of candidates, only those selected for an in-person interview will be contacted.
The Client Service Planner (Service Planner) is responsible for the intake and onboarding, scheduling of services, and ongoing assessments of clients of Helping Hands. The position will schedule day-to-day staff, considering the Employment Standards Act, health and safety, and client care needs. They will assist clients in accessing appropriate resources both internally and externally, to meet their care needs. The Service Planner must ensure that all functions are conducted in a timely and efficient manner, meeting all organizational requirements and will develop a strong knowledge of all program frameworks at Helping Hands and applicable policy and legislation.
Hours: This is a full-time position based on working 37.5 hours per week. Must be available to work a variety of hours including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Wage: Starting at 21.23/hour
Description of Duties, Responsibility and Authority
- Ensure provided staff is available and scheduled to meet client needs
- Schedule the on-boarding/orientation program of front-line staff
- Schedule the continuous training programs of front-line staff
- Schedule and support all homemaking, PSW, and HAL Program
- Schedule vacation and other forms of leave for department front-line staff
- Analyze staffing needs and assist the Program Managers with staffing projections
- Cancellation tracking and recording, including metrics
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments both in-home and over the phone (RAI CHA, Financial Assessments, etc.), as required for Helping Hands; act as a designated User, Viewer, and backup Uploader for RAI CHA assessments
- Based on completed assessments and under the direction of Program Managers, admit or decline admission of clients to services at Helping Hands, Completing the onboarding and profile set-up from start to finish.
- Assist with referral management and program waitlists through HPG;
- Act as a point of contact for clients for program information and intake process
- Maintain and track due dates of RAI’ for all applicable clients
- Assist Managers with QIP standards
- Assist Managers with assessing, investigating, and following up on incidents related to clients
- Providing data entry duties including entering assessment information, statistics, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of different parties including staff and management (internal) and clients (external) by providing adequate and correct information answering questions and/or concerns
- Initiate and maintain a strong working relationship with Patient Navigators and Client Coordinators at hospitals in respective sub-regions
- Ensure safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times; promote safe work activities by participating in safety initiatives, training and attending safety meetings, as needed. This may also include acting as the Employee Safety Representative for the organization
- Respond to emergencies (including after-hours situations) for the purpose of addressing immediate safety or client care concerns
- Follow all administrative and operational policies and procedures
- Maximize the efficiency of scheduling by analyzing distances and ensuring schedules are produced consistently
- Bring to the attention of the Manager any incidents, complaints, and/or accidents in the organization. Such issues are to be reported immediately or as soon as practical.
- Support the administration of modified work of front-line staff as assigned
- Perform administrative functions
- Assist the Managers with scheduling performance evaluations of staff
- Prepare a variety of documents including reports, memos, etc. for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information on best practices
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of different parties (internal and external) including staff and management by providing adequate and correct information answering questions and/or concerns
- Attend meetings and Huddles, as required
- Assist the Manager to ensure that all qualifying requirements, such as the RAI CHA, are completed and kept up to date; scheduling PSW staff to conduct RAI CHA assessments
- Take training modules, as directed by management
- Engage in the HH Communication Portal regularly (at least once per week)
- Adhering to and re-enforcing the organizational structure and policies, providing support where needed to meet client needs
- Participating in the after-hours on-call rotation with Coordination staff, in order to provide support to front line staff
- Any other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- A Diploma or degree in Social Services Work, Medical Administration or related fields, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Experience completing various client assessments is an asset
- Computer proficiency, with knowledge of assessment software, AlayaCare, and Microsoft Office Solutions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Self-starter: analytical problem-solving capacity and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
- Must have clinical knowledge and ability to pick up on visible queues when conducting intakes which include assessing client, their personal, social, and mental health needs to ensure they are within the perimeters of the Helping Hands Programs
- Excellent time management skills to effectively maintain a fast very busy schedule
- Empathetic attitude with an ability to offer emotional support
- Passion for the proper care and well-being of patients
- Firm understanding of Ontario labour laws, particularly the Employment Standards Act and basic understanding of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the existing and new programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Indigenous Cultural Safety Training is an asset
- Ability to prepare monthly reports and any other data that is required
- Ability to act as a liaison with other agencies and service providers
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status, or complete a mandatory education session if not vaccinated
- Attention to Detail
- Client/Customer Focus
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Energy & Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Time Management
- Combination of work in an office setting, and driving to appointments
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Periodic requirement to be on-call
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Interaction with others under varying circumstances-including situations of a highly sensitive nature
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and supporting patients
- Safety precautions due to proximity with hazardous materials and/or contagious diseases
- Overtime as required
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a fair and equitable recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources should you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.